Photo Credit: Louis.Roth // Shutterstock
CNN is taking the Trump Administration to court on First Amendment grounds after Donald Trump revoked Jim Acosta from press access. The relationship between Trump and CNN has become more fragile after the White House released the videos of Acosta blocking a White House aide from forcibly taking the microphone from him during a press conference.
According to CNN, Floyd Abrams, a constitutional law expert who has appeared frequently before the Supreme Court, told CNN Sunday that they have a case. Floyd says, “I think its a really strong lawsuit. I can understand CNN being reluctant to sue because the president keeps saying CNN is the enemy of me, and CNN might have reluctance to have a lawsuit tilled ‘CNN ds. Donald Trump,’ that said I think they should sue.”
jim Acosta was forced to turn in his Secret Service “hard pass” last week. The pass allows the press to enter and exit the White Hosue through a quicker process. Jim says, “This is going to happen again. It’s likely to happen again. So whether its CNN suing for the next company suing, someone is going to have to bring a lawsuit. And whoever does is going to win unless there’s some sort of reason.”
Former ABC White house reporter called Acosta ban “Wrong and unfair.” In a statement released by CNN, it is stating, “We have asked this court for an immediate restraining order requiring the pass to be returned to Jim, and will seek permeant relief as part of this process.”
Written BY; Fantasia Harvey