Photo Credit: Gustavo Frazao // Shutterstock
A hotel in Jacksonville is closed after 16 people were sent to the hospital, including one child due to carbon monoxide. It happened around 3:30 a.m. at the Holiday Inn Express on North Marine Boulevard. Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel and ut was evacuated.
According to WITN, “Employees and guests were suffering from medical problems after being exposed to high carbon monoxide levels according to police.” Fire and Emergency Services Battalion Chief “Tee,” Tallman says the 16 people were sent to Onslow Memorial Hospital and they expected to be released soon from the hospital.
Authorities have reported the hotel manager is working with other hotels to get for their guests. Currently, there is no word on what the carbon monoxide leak.
Written By: Fantasia Harvey