Photo Credit: chattanongzen // Shutterstock
Ahead of Hurrican Michael, several schools across eastern North Carolina have announced their closing and delays for Thursday.
- Camp Lejeune Dependents Schools:
- The Brewster Middle School and Lejeune High School will release students at 11:30 a.m. The elementary students will be released at 12:30 p.m. There will be no afternoon Pre-K program.
- CLDS will be operating on a 2-hour delay on Friday. There will be no Pre-K morning session on Friday.
- Craven County Schools:
- Schools will close on Thursday for students and staff of the eight schools that have been able to report back, including the Early College Campuses, as well as for the students and staff of our 15 remaining school sites.
- Pitt County Schools
- Schools will operate on a three-hour early release on Thursday, with all after-school activities canceled. On Friday, schools will operate on a two-hour delay.
- Carteret County Public School System
- There will be no school for students or staff on Thursday. Students will make up tomorrow’s school day on December 20.
Written By: Fantasia Harvey